Reverse Engineered Project: Selection




What to pick, what to do???? 


Finding an object was actually not that easy. Considering what is mechanical and doesn't require a Circuit board. Also thinking about what is going to look interesting in an exploded view. 



My first object that I found and was intrigued with was this little music make. My daughter broke a snow globe and this little wind up mechanical music make came out from the bottom. 

This is very small possibly 2" by 2". Also found out vie Brian that it would be very difficult to open the wind up mechanism - as the force could be volatile. Which is worry some. 

However this would be such an a cool item to 3D print and replicate. I am very interested in automatons and antique or old world mechanics. This could be valuable learning information later on in my practice.



The next object!!

check out this amazing thrift store find! Originally it was for my daughter but I have quickly adopted as one of my favorite outing props for raves and parties. Unfortunately the music box is broken and I would LOVE to open this up and try to remake the musical component and rewire it to a bass  making electric guitar. Possibly to make a new soundboard with drums and synths and an interesting voice of my creation. 





LAST but not least.


I was stumped trying to find something that was not electrical. Everything I grabbed had a circuit board or something very difficult. This is not electrical, however this would possibly incredibly difficult. We have this very unused, jammed antique typewriter that really just become a toy for my daughter. Very mechanical, lots to take apart. A LOT of notes would go into labeling witch pictures how this goes together in order to take apart. 













WHAT TO PICK??!?!?!

This is the hard part, especially with someone who can be indecisive and with some inexperience in the difficulty of this assignment. The Typewriter would look SO NEAT in exploded view, all those keys floating in space.... But the amount of parts that I would be working with, would be very intense.  

The little music player is also very neat and mechanical, but could be dangerous taking apart. Might not be able to put it back together. 

I already want to open up the little rave guitar, and try to create a music player but those curves could be very challenging.


A talk with Brian to really go over these points is necessary before picking the winner.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anamorphic Chess Pieces Prelims

Castle Project!!